Eye Disease Management
For those living with Diabetes, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, or Cataracts, eye disease management is key to keeping your vision the best it can be. We can assist with managing these and other diseases. Learn more below.
- Diabetic Eye Exams
- Whether you have had diabetes for years or are newly diagnosed, a diabetic eye exam is the best way to monitor how effective diabetic treatment is working. Eye disease management includes routine checks as indicated by your Doctor are the best way to prevent vision loss from diabetic complications and ultimately prevent blindness.
- We work hand in hand with your primary care physician or endocrinologist to make sure your diabetes is kept under control and your vision is maximized.
- Like grey hair and wrinkles, cataracts are a normal part of the aging process. As they develop they can severely hinder vision and may need further treatment. Eye disease management for cataracts includes monitoring and taking the time to outline all treatment options. If necessary and the cataracts are severely affecting vision, we will make recommendations for further treatment and surgical intervention if warranted.
- Glaucoma is a blinding disease that affects your peripheral vision. As a result, every patient is screened for glaucoma by measuring their eye pressure. In addition, Dr. Lillie will take time during the exam to evaluate your optic nerve.
- If additional testing is needed, we have advanced equipment to track any changes in your visual field as well as scans that can be run to evaluate the optic nerve.
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss for patients over 60 years of age. Being proactive in monitoring any changes and taking preventative measures throughout life is essential to maximizing vision and limiting damage over the course of a lifetime.
- Dr. Lillie will examine your macula, discuss preventative measures, and do any additional scans or tests needed to maximize your vision.