Specialty Lens Consultants
Welcome to Specialty Lens Consultants. Learn more about our services and how we can help improve your vision below.
Who We Are
- With the help of customizable scleral contact lenses, we are able to restore vision and overall eye comfort that cannot be achieved with traditional glasses or contact lenses.
- Our goal is to help you regain the vision, comfort, and freedom that corneal disease or severe dry eyes may have taken from you.
- Additionally, we work with our young, myopic (near-sighted) patients to slow the increase in their prescriptions and slow the lengthening of their eyes which can affect the ability to learn and perform academically and athletically. It also can predispose patients to long-term vision diseases.
- Lastly, we offer non-surgical orthokeratology for patients who would like the freedom to see clearly without glasses or contacts during the day.
- Scleral Contact Lenses
- If you have keratoconus or another corneal irregularity, day-to-day activities, such as driving, reading, or even watching TV may be difficult or impossible with traditional means of correction. Scleral lenses work to reduce this irregularity and restore the vision (and life) you once had.
- If you have been diagnosed with Sjogren’s syndrome, suffer from dry eyes, or are struggling with the comfort of traditional contact lenses, scleral lenses may be able to help you. By creating a natural chamber of tears that will hydrate your eyes throughout the day, you will not only have superior vision with less fluctuation, but your eyes will be protected from the dust, debris, and allergens from the outside world.
- Myopia Management
- If your child has already developed myopia, they are living in a time where we actually have treatments and therapies that slow the progression of the disease! Aside from traditional glasses, there are 3 treatments that do more than merely correct blurry vision.
- Eye drops. Eye doctors now have the ability to specially formulate eye drops that slow myopic progression. These drops are generally taken once a day, right before bedtime.
- Specialized soft contact lenses. These lenses are not the garden variety contact that has been around for years. These specially designed lenses allow for distance vision and reduce eye strain at near. They too slow the progression of myopia.
- Eye retainers. Yes, you read that right! Retainers specifically made for your child that reshape the cornea and slow myopic progression. The coolest aspect of these retainers is you sleep in them at night and during the day you do not need glasses or contacts to see!
- The patient is fit with retainers that will only be worn during sleep (7-8 hours) and then removed in the hours in which you are awake. Each retainer is custom-made using topographical scans of your cornea and your prescription. These retainers will reshape the surface of the cornea (the front of your eye) and make your distance vision clear.
- Scleral Contact Lenses