Glasses and Contact Exams
Your family’s vision is our first priority! Whether an infant, adolescent, or adult, annual comprehensive eye health and vision examinations are the most effective method to ensure clear, comfortable vision and healthy eyes for a lifetime. Whether you wear glasses or contacts, we have an exam and the tools to care for your needs.
Contact Types: Overnight wear / Bifocal / Astigmatism / Custom Designs / Multifocal / Scleral Lenses / GP lenses
- Due to advancements in contact lens technology, most people are now able to wear contact lenses, so regardless of age, previous experience, or any pre-conceived notions, we will do everything we can to find the type of lenses that best suit your lifestyle.
- Every pair of lenses are fit and managed directly by Dr. Lillie. Insertion, removal, and proper care instruction is done on every new fit. We have the expertise and patience to make sure you are completely comfortable with your new lenses!
Don’t have a prescription? We got you covered!
Ask Dr. Lillie
Can I Wear Contacts?
This is a common question we get from patient of all ages. The answer is Yes…..maybe? Let’s take a look. When assessing whether or not you are a candidate for contacts, always consider 4 things: The touch factor, overall eye health, environment, and motivation/goals.
- Touch Factor: this may sound silly, but if you are not comfortable touching your eyes, contact lenses are not for you.
- Eye Health: An exam to determine the health of your lids/lashes and cornea is necessary. If you have dry eyes without contacts, putting a lens on the eye may make it worse.
- Environment: Exposure to chemicals or Dry, dusty environments can pose some problems for contact lens patients. Hospitals, offices, or a lot of computer/screen time are factors to consider.
- Motivation/Goals: Aside from the touch factor, we usually can fit MOST patients, regardless of age, with contacts; it may just be part-time wear for some. We have fit kids specifically for sports, adults for golfing, and even patients that only want to wear contacts for their wedding photos. If you want to wear them bad enough, we can usually find a way!